A funny thing happened on the way to lake Powell.

Five.five-six

Reaction score
I showed up at the grocery store and it was easier to get up on the port side of my boat.

img_3467-jpeg.1274357

Anyways, it was a real CF. Lucky I had a spare wheel, I just didn’t have a spare hub. After a bunch of running around a po-dunk town, we cobbled up enough tools and materials to make this and get me home. (launched on 3 mothor fooker!!!) anyways, I’d like for to have 4 wheels to look the same. Not really interested in buying a new set of wheels. I’m looking for a steel chrome with the black Alan bolts 14”

img_3463-jpeg.1274359

Glad to hear you were able to find something while away from home to get it back home. Good pictures to show someone that says "What do you think about a single axle trailer".

So did the inner bearing races stay on? And the whole hub and wheel came off with the outer portion bearings?

So did the inner bearing races stay on? And the whole hub and wheel came off with the outer portion bearings?
Yes, the inner race is the only thing left other than some gunk that kind of welded itself onto the spindle. The castle nut and cotter pin stayed as well, but they were pretty ground up.

Sucks but glad you made it. 

I picked up a wheel and tire for @Greengo that looks the same but don't think he ended up  using it. 

I found 2 in Havasu for $80 each. It’s a bit of a drive and that’s pretty expensive for used wheels but I may have to get that.

That's Scary, not real funny though.

A family friend of ours lost their son because of this on the way home from Lake Mead.  A boat trailer lost its wheel and went right through his windshield killing him instantly, Kevin was only 19 years old.  RIP Kevin 

To this day, I always think about a tire coming at me from on going traffic.  If you ever see one going down the road on its own, please nerf it to the side of the road, It could save someone's life.

Back