930 cvs

longhaul73

Reaction score
Looking for some input on what cvs to buy for my 2 seat Desert Dynamics car. Car has a 525hp LS3 in it with a Mendeola 2D. i don't know what's on the car now they are the ones that came with it and looking to put fresh ones  on it. Thank you for your help!!!

https://gearone-manufacturing.myshopify.com/products/930-super-cv

@longhaul73 code GLAMISDUNES.COM at check out for free shipping.

Give me a call tomorrow morning and I can tell you why I believe our CV joints are the best and answer any questions you may have. Or if you are local to the phoenix area stop on by during business hours and I can show you our cv joints and go over the processes we perform on the joints.

623-934-6913 (ask for parker)

With a 2D trans wouldnt you want the 930 to be the weak spot not the trans?  
I think this is a flawed statement or mindset. In theory it sounds good but reality is you now have 2 things that are undersized for the amount of torque you have and can leave you stranded. Tranny is gonna break regardless of cv size. 

I had a larger car with 930 cv's and roughly 500+ LS engine. In 2 seasons I broke 3 cv's and blew up 3rd gear twice. 

I think this is a flawed statement or mindset. In theory it sounds good but reality is you now have 2 things that are undersized for the amount of torque you have and can leave you stranded. Tranny is gonna break regardless of cv size. 

I had a larger car with 930 cv's and roughly 500+ LS engine. In 2 seasons I broke 3 cv's and blew up 3rd gear twice. 
Not necessarily true, i had a larger car with a 415 LS3, 2D and 930s. Ran the car for 4 seasons with that setup and only broke 2 cv's and one of them was 100% my fault for the way I was driving. Pulled that trans to upgrade and trans builder said the 2D looked perfect inside. I would rather put in a new cv in the dunes rather than have my trip be over because the trans was toast. Just my way of looking at it :dude:

Buddy has a DD with a motor similar to the CBM 525 package (since upgraded to S4/built motor) 930 explosions, pitted CVs multiple times a season, axle shaft failures.  Never broke the trans.  934s have been holding up since the S4 swap, but...

Keep in mind that an 934 conversion isn't cheap.  $5k ish in parts by the time you get done, assuming your arms will accept the larger unit bearings, more if fab work is needed.  Might be worth seeing what Gear One can do to make it last, if they still die, then I'd look into 934s since you're going to be spending thousands keeping the smaller CVs going anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
930s can hold a ton of power, power is not the issue. Extreme angle, heavy shock load (smashing the whoops etc.), and lack of lubrication.

1) get quality cv joints

2) measure you axle angle , shoot for 23* or less

3) quality cv grease (swepco/belrey)

4) pull back you boots and to check cv grease and pump fresh in, its surprising how dry trans side cv joints can get after a few trips. (pulling back your boots and pumping grease in is not servicing CV joints! every summer make sure you take them out clean inspect and re grease)

5)remember landing on the throttle/ smashing the whoops may be more expensive than it looks.

930s can hold a ton of power, power is not the issue. Extreme angle, heavy shock load (smashing the whoops etc.), and lack of lubrication.

1) get quality cv joints

2) measure you axle angle , shoot for 23* or less

3) quality cv grease (swepco/belrey)

4) pull back you boots and to check cv grease and pump fresh in, its surprising how dry trans side cv joints can get after a few trips. (pulling back your boots and pumping grease in is not servicing CV joints! every summer make sure you take them out clean inspect and re grease)

5)remember landing on the throttle/ smashing the whoops may be more expensive than it looks.

X2

Back