6.5 Creedmoor build

Bobalos

Reaction score
Ive done a good bit of shooting over the years, but nothing what I would consider long range and certainly nothing precision.  Clays, handguns, Rimfire, just a handful of random stuff.  Well I knew that @punkur67 did some precision stuff around here in SoCal so I reached out & he offered to take me to the range & show me the ropes.  He was kind enough to let me shoot his hunting rig & his gas gun that he uses for competition shooting.  6 Rounds later I hit out @ 850+ yards.  Jeff is a great dude, has REALLY nice stuff & knows what he is doing.  He proceeded to show me how to spend a bunch of money in a very short period of time, in a brand new sport.  Ive yet to put a round down range, but Im getting close & thought I would share.  I will let you know how it goes. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Whelp, got to put some lead down range this morning.  @punkur67 met me and another friend there and he helped us both dial in our junk.  I have to say it went about how I thought it would and the results were better than I expected.   

Got it on paper, then the scope zeroed in, then measured MV to true up the kestrel, then went straight to 860 yards.  Dialed in velocity and Ph.u.ckin-A, right on the money. 

I had to run back home to prep for my son's wedding reception so I finished up a few shots at 500 and 700 to see if I understood wtf I was doing, and bobs your uncle, bitchen!!!  

Now it's up to me to get proficient at it!!!  

I can't thank Jeff enough for helping me spend a chit ton of money on top shelf stuff.  Nothing like things working the way they should.  

image000001.jpg

image000002.jpg

20240120_090345.jpg

20240120_090328.jpg

20240120_090320.jpg

20240120_073030.jpg

Contemplating building a 6.5 any reason you did not go PRC?

Contemplating building a 6.5 any reason you did not go PRC?
Pick the cartridge for the task. If you just want to target shoot 1000 yards the a PRC is not necessary. It's more expensive to shoot and less ammo options. Also more recoil can cause bad habits like flinching and is not enjoyable to shoot all day. Now if you want to shoot a mile or do long range hunting where you need power at longer ranges then a PRC would be better than a CM. I have shot to 1300 yards with my CM with 38mph winds at a match

These builds get out of control. Glad I'm not the only one.

These builds get out of control. Glad I'm not the only one.
I need to become a divorce attorney on the side. I'm a bad influence and guys like @Bobalos get hooked like I did and end up spending a bunch of money on bad ass rifles and gear. 

Shoot I still have money left over from the buggy I can spend on a gas gun...  LOL 

I'd love to get into shooting long range. What kind of ballpark are we talking for a similar setup$

Back