300m stars for 930s, worth it?

BrapBraap

Reaction score
Broke a cv last trip out, SCU little bro with stock ls2 and 2d. Been at least a dozen trips since I got into them. One looks pristine, two have very mild pitting and the last is a spare from a friend. Not sure which money is the best spent.

Wondering what folks recommend to do? Just get stock GKN and save the money? Polished? Worth it for me to get 300m cages and re-use anything with none to mild pitting? Does that just make the 2d more likely to be the fuse? How long should I expect them to last, and how pitted do you let them get before they go to the spares/emergency pile? Thanks

I say yes. I have replaced the cages in German CV's with 300m's and run an LS2/2D combo. We used to recommend the upgrade at Glamis Fab all the time too.

I run the race prepped with300m from Kartek I find it nice not to have to deal with cv’s in the dunes 

Yes. Dealing with cv joints in the dunes just sucks. My last car had 930 joints, switched to the expensive rcv brand joints, and never wasted another one...

No gear one super cages are not 300m. 300m is an awesome material. we use it on our axles. We use a material that better suits the application. 

We don't disclose the material. We use a different heat treat process than others and we see an increase in life expectancy.

Back