3,2 acura rev limiter

anthony

Reaction score
So now that i finally  got my manx running normal per say i did notice that it sounded like it hit the rev limiter right about 6 k  with the stock computer ,, is they  a way to change  or is it time for a different computer to dial it in better THANKS 

You cannot change a factory ecu. You would have to get an aftermarket. If I'm not mistaken, I think the limiter is set at 6500.

You're about to open a can of worms. I hope you like spending money.. 😜

Like mentioned it's 6500. Maybe your tac is off a little. 

You wouldn't see any benefit in raising the RPMs without other motor work. If I were you I would just get a J35.. everything will bolt right up. I believe you can use the same computer..

If you have the J32A2,  swapping the heads, cams, and intake off the j32 on to the J35 makes it a nice franken motor with some extra ponies and torque.  It's been a while since playing around with the J series so don't quote me on that,  @Kraut_n_Rice will know. 

Last edited by a moderator:

You wouldn't see any benefit in raising the RPMs without other motor work. If I were you I would just get a J35.. everything will bolt right up. I believe you can use the same computer..

If you have the J32A2,  swapping the heads, cams, and intake off the j32 on to the J35 makes it a nice franken motor with some extra ponies and torque.  It's been a while since playing around with the J series so don't quote me on that,  @Kraut_n_Rice will know. 
He already appears to have a collection of parts from different engines.  None of the pics posted in the other thread say J32a2 to me.  The intake is setup is J35a3/4.

its fine the way it is plenty of power ever since i put a different map sensor 2 times it would just  cut out wont take throttle just did it to me today i bent tangs on sensor a little i think when it cut out at 6 k  it was the map vibrating loosing connection ...  this thing only has a built 002 tranny so running it to hard wont do much to help trans ..is there a plug n play computer thats tunable  it still hesitates in hi gear but over all runs good ,,,,

AEM series 2 would be the cheapest.  About $1500 (plus tuning), if you can find one.  Holley bought AEM,, and did Holley what Holley does....  I used to buy a connector from AEM.  $5 before Holley, $37 after.

I do have a new/open box unit for sale in the buggy parts section.

Then FuelTech FT550 with the Boomslang adapter harness.  About $2400 plus tuning.

https://www.fueltech.net/products/ft550-efi-system

https://halferlandperformance-com.3dcartstores.com/TuneHarness--BoomSlangs-HondaAcura-V6-C-J-Series-Engine-Tuning-Wiring-Adapter-Harnesses-MANY-MODELS-AND-FITMENTs--CHOOSE-FROM-THE-DROP-DOWN-OPTION-MENU_p_67.html

Back