2D turbo subi gears

Pennywise

Reaction score
Getting ready to build a new 2D for my kids turbo subi 2-seat car. Looking to see what gear ratios and R&P people have ran. We are using 14.50x15 sand sport tires (same as funco). The car has an E-box now but is way under geared. 

Also looking for recommendations on builders. Really want to get the gearing right the first time. 

Sean at Weddle is really good with helping select gear ratios. To bad all the old threads are gone. 

My 4 seat Subie/2D car has these gears

1.14   With a 4.86 R&p

So just for reference in a under 300hp car my opinion this is a bit high geared for Glamis but my car is a dual sport so on hard pack really works well. If I were to make a change it would be a 5.14 R&p 

my previous 091 was geared lower and definitely picked up quicker in tight small dunes  

hope that helps  

•Also running 1300 plus STUs

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting ready to build a new 2D for my kids turbo subi 2-seat car. Looking to see what gear ratios and R&P people have ran. We are using 14.50x15 sand sport tires (same as funco). The car has an E-box now but is way under geared. 

Also looking for recommendations on builders. Really want to get the gearing right the first time. 
What brand of car and how much are you asking for it ?

My buddy has a smaller 4 seat subi car.  He is running a 5:14 with 3.11, 2.08, 1.56 and 1.22

What brand of car and how much are you asking for it ?
Its started as a sand limo, Glamis King did a A-arm conversion and when I got it we cut off the torsion housing and installed trailing arms and coil overs, I recently upgraded the front spindles and had to re-make the upper A-arm to correct the geometry. We ditched the bus box and turbo VW for Ebox and turbo Subi. I don't think my kids would let me sell it 🙂 We are going to build a 2-Seat SU with V8 for the boys and I think my daughter is going to start driving this one. 

5.jpeg

Reactions: GBR
Its started as a sand limo, Glamis King did a A-arm conversion and when I got it we cut off the torsion housing and installed trailing arms and coil overs, I recently upgraded the front spindles and had to re-make the upper A-arm to correct the geometry. We ditched the bus box and turbo VW for Ebox and turbo Subi. I don't think my kids would let me sell it 🙂 We are going to build a 2-Seat SU with V8 for the boys and I think my daughter is going to start driving this one. 

View attachment 5491
Nice car I see why the kids wouldn’t want you to sell it

New thread posted with gear calculator instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GBR
Back