Looks awesome. Looks like work! Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a massive undertaking! It's a sweet pad and well worth it. Congrats!

Reactions: DTA
That's coming out great, we did a complete remodel on our kitchen and bathroom....2 more bathrooms, one of which is the master and a laundry room and we are done inside.

I can appreciate all the work...its allot going on at your place...

That is awesome!

I'm going to need to do a bathroom remodel.

Might have to hit you up or  @Crusty when we're ready. 

Thanks for sharing...quite the project you have taken on.

:headbang:

This is fun to see all the pictures.   We did a remodel of bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room late last year through part of this year.  Makes you feel like you have a brand new house. 

Awesome! But I hate you!!! :lol:  I've been in mine 5yrs and am only 1/3 the way though. Living in it seems to be a HUGE problem while trying to remodel it all.

Reactions: DTA
Brand is Panorama. 

We wanted La Cantina but there are some pros and cons:

La Cantina:

Nicer in my opinion.

Also about twice the cost.

Huge con for us was that it is top hung so no adjustments after install if you have sagging or settling.

Worst part is we have a pool and the way the La Cantina works is there no safety features for exiting the door. Anybody even a small child can open the door with almost no effort. Turn a handle 90* and you can open it up even if its locked. That did not make us happy.

The Panorama is half the price, bottom hung so  you get adjustment and there are multiple ways to child proof the door.

Top hung slides smoother if the door is perfectly installed and you have no sagging or settling over time.

Whats funny, is I got Effed anyway. My 16" paralam sagged (they all do) and my installer put shims between the beam and the top of the door frame. Manufacturer stated they do not want shims for this reason. Installer does it his own way though. So now i have to open up my finished wall and bullnose and remove shims because at the moment I can only open 3 of the 6 panels. Basically I got hosed by the installer.

Manufacturer states you use screws only with no shims, because when you have beam sag, you just drive the screws in a little more and straighten the frame out. Being bottom hung makes this possible.

Same installer installed all new Milgard windows, french and sliding door as well. Those are all perfect which is great.

chit happens, anybody in the custom offroad world knows this well. 🤣
I'm in the window and door business and didn't recognize that door so I had to ask. Remodel is looking good!

Back