2011 XP900 Motor Swap?

DUNEFLYER

Reaction score
I have a 2011 900 razor, cracked case. Hearing that the 900 motor is no more and to swap with the 1000 motor.

Any idea whats involved and what the all in cost might be?

Mac replaced his worn out 900 with a crate motor are you saying they no longer offer a crate motor from Polaris?  

used motors are in the 4-5k range with miles on them. I looked into swapping a turbo motor and ecu into my RS-1 and it wasn't worth it.   The case cant be welded? 

Trae ( @mr_puuuurp  on IG) swapped his xp900 to a 1000 engine. He used to work for Jagged x prepping cars, hit him up on Instagram.

I did not do very much homework on this but last night I was with some peeps that pay way more attention than I do and when I mentioned my need for a motor I was told the new 900 motor is no more and that the 1000 crate motor is fairly cheap. Shooting from the hip he said about 4-5k for the 1000 swap. I have no idea what the cost might be or what is involved so I thought I would ask here.

Mine has been sitting broken for a few years sitting in my barn. So 4-5k for a running razor with a new motor might not be a bad deal. It aint worth chit as it sits..

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1000 swap is more than the motor.  Both clutches will need to be replaced.  The mounts might not match up either.  The transmission will become a new weak point.  Wiring is different. 

If I couldn't find a 900 to stuff in it, I'd honestly cut my losses or make a franken-razor with a street bike motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alba Racing has done the swap.  One of the people that go on some of my desert rides has a 1000 in his 900.  

I do not think it is overly complicated to do the swap.   I would give Alba a call and see what is needed.  

I am pretty sure the clutches are the same on the 900 and 1000.  

Correct on the early 1000 engines the clutches are the same as the 900. I actually run the early 1000 CVT belt part number on my 900 per Nate’s suggestion.

Like I mentioned I think the swap is less complicated if your 900 engine was wet sumped vs the dry sump, as the engine mounts and I believe the block were pretty much the same. I also don’t remember hearing about any issues with using the 900 trans? It might have been the same, just like the clutches were? 
I think the transmission is the same as well. 

A quick ebay search and I found just about everything 900 FYI, but yea complete engines were in the 3k range. 

Back