2.5 Subi Oil Filters

Mac

Reaction score
What do you all run on a 2.5 Sub for oil filter?  I know Outfront sells them, looking for a more convenient place to buy them.

I have been running a WIX 51334 for the last 11 years.  But following this thread to see what others are using.  

I have been running a WIX 51334 for the last 11 years.  But following this thread to see what others are using.  
Just curious, you're running a 2.5 turbo?  Anything else?  Estimated HP?

What oil do you run with it?

Yes a 2.5 turbo, 10lbs boost, 330 hp with an Outfront tune. pennzoil 10-30.  

I've been using the Outfront filters for the last 10 years, I buy 6 at a time. I order them and they are usually here the next day, 2 days max.

I have cut all brands of oil filters apart and some would surprise you of how poor they are inside. Buying the 6 pac for $30 is a no brainer 
Then what oil filters are they?  What are they a "copy" of?  

I'll go ahead and say it, I've bought parts from you before and the part numbers are ground off.  When I ask what they are, I never get a answer.  I'd like to know what I'm buying and if you stop offering them, where can I find a replacement?  What if when you retire you just close up shop like CNC and I'm left to just replace everything instead of find reseal kits or such?

I want to know what I'm buying.

There has only been 1 part in 20 years that I ground numbers off and that was a specific injector I sold. No other part I sold ever had a part number. As far as the filter it’s manufactured by six star and is the OEM filter unbranded. The inside and quality and pleats are awesome. Others have less pleats and sloppy on the glue. Fram is the worst I have seen and other name brand weren’t far behind. Not being able to continue buying my oil filter is completely different from CNC going out of business 

Last edited by a moderator:
WIX Filters - 51381.  Have to run the shorter filter because of my oil cooler sandwich adapter.

Valvoline VR1 Racing SAE 20W-50 High Performance High Zinc Motor Oil.

Back