1996 Chaparral Sunesta 210 Deck Boat For Sale

nzulmer

Reaction score
What's up GD.com peeps. Seeing if anyone on the forum is interested in or looking for a inexpensive deck boat. I have a 1996 Chaparral Sunesta 210 deck boat currently for sale. I am the third owner of the boat and I bought it from my father-in-law. He purchased the boat with 15 hrs on it in 1996. So its been in the family since pretty much new. The boat is in pretty decent shape for being 28 yrs old. The interior could use a replacement, but we have been getting away with just putting towels down for now. The gel coat does have typical nicks/surface cracks and could use a good buff. Never really was a huge issue for me because it does clean up pretty well and the boat gets the job done.

Boat has around 349 hrs on it (last time I checked). It has a mercruiser 5.7 with a bravo 3 outdrive. I did an oil change w/ filter, fuel filter/water separator, fuel treatment and the impeller before the start of the season and have only taken it out 3 times since. My father-in-law did some of the major maintenance items before I purchased (bellows, gimble bearing and carb replacement). Before I purchased the boat (around 330 hrs) I had it inspected by our mobile boat mechanic (good dude, also a major lover of mother G). Inspection came back good and confirmed the major maintenance did in-fact get completed recently. He noted that all 8 cylinders had 180psi and no major issues were present. At that time, I had him do an annual service which was new spark plugs, carb tune, serpentine belts, drive gear oil, engine oil change w/ filter, fuel filter/water separator, impeller and shift linkage adjustment.

I also replaced all the gauges and added a 5-channel amp for the existing 4 6.5" speakers and added a 12" subwoofer. The stereo isn't nothing to brag about, but does sound great. All important gauges work properly. The voltage and trim gauges aren't working properly. They are simply to fix, just never had the time to do it. Depth finder works, but its hard to read during the day. I can get the boat up to around 50mph with 4 adults on boat and good conditions on the water, otherwise we keep around 35-40 mph with more passengers (fits 14 max, never tried it though). It has a 52gal tank. Uses about half a tank to get from the Riviera to Pirates and back. So very economical.

Trailer is in good shape and tows well. Tires, brakes, bearings, lights and bunks are all relatively new. Just brought it home to Menifee from LHC this past Monday without issues. My father-in-law did hit a curb at one point and bent up one of the fenders. Functions fine, I just I haven't felt the need to change it out right now. It also needs a new boat cover, but it has been stored indoors since I purchased it, so I never saw the need to replace it.

All-in-all, the boat is a fun and reliable boat. Its a fairly inexpensive way to get you and the family out on the water. It a perfect boat for Canyon Lake, CA due to its motor, size and capacity based on their rules. My plan was to redo the boat to bring it back to tip top cosmetic shape, but I just have not had the time to do it. Boat is currently located in Menifee, CA and I can show it on the weekends. I have had it posted for sale on FB since beginning of June and have got nothing but scammers. Originally started asking $18k for it based on comps, but I now have dropped my asking price all the way down to $13.5k. Sharing it here because I am willing to let it go to a GD.com member for a good deal. DM me if your interested. Here is my FB marketplace post link as well so you can check it out there https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1883173235530545/

Thanks GD.com Peeps! Happy Friday!

Attachments

• IMG_5542.jpg
    IMG_5542.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5547.jpg
    IMG_5547.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5544.jpg
    IMG_5544.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5541.jpg