1986 Honda 250 Fourtrax Worth

BONES

Reaction score
Hey guys. My father-in-law has a 86 250r, all stock and original, but not running. It’s mostly in good condition, but it has been sitting in the grandpas garage for 15 years and needs some love. He’s thinking of putting some money and work into it and getting it nice again, itll probably go over to Leonard at Duncan, then maybe he will sell it . He was asking me what he thought it would sell for and after giving him my thoughts, I figured I would ask the collective minds here. 
what are the thoughts? 

Getting it cleaned up and running will probably get him the most bang for the buck. In my experience, he'll never get out of it what he puts in to it if he has it modded by Duncan or whoever. In this market though, I may be completely wrong. People are paying a whole lot of money for stuff that wasn't worth a second look a few years ago. 

without seeing it? In this crazy market, $2k as is $5k fixed up IM(educated)O

wheres he live? dr q is in hesperia i think, he's great with 2 strokes, did my lt500 and it was nasty, but he's a bone stock guy also

A cheap beater sells faster than a expensive show bike, even in this market.

wheres he live? dr q is in hesperia i think, he's great with 2 strokes, did my lt500 and it was nasty, but he's a bone stock guy also
Does he still build pipes for the LT500? I’ve got a 90 LT500 with PT pipe and Fat Boy tip,but always heard the Dr.Q pipes made the best power. 

Thanks guys for the replies. It helps out. 

Does he still build pipes for the LT500? I’ve got a 90 LT500 with PT pipe and Fat Boy tip,but always heard the Dr.Q pipes made the best power. 
yes he does, look him up on facebook, he goes by  robert w johannson on facebook.

i have a spare dr q pipe for a 500 and a spare pipe for a hybrid 250/500 conversion in my attic lol.

Tell your father in law I will give him $1500 tomorrow and he doesn’t even have to wipe the dust off.

joking aside, I wouldn’t have it modded and then sell it, I would just have someone get it running and sell it. You never get the money out of mods. It’ll sell for $2500-$3000 easily. 

yes he does, look him up on facebook, he goes by  robert w johannson on facebook.

i have a spare dr q pipe for a 500 and a spare pipe for a hybrid 250/500 conversion in my attic lol.
Thanks for the heads,unfortunately I don’t have Facebook. Maybe I can track him down another way. 
Those 2 pipes are like buried treasure!! The 250/500 hybrids always seemed like it would’ve been a rad bike to have! 
His 500 pipes,did he have different versions for different powerband ranges? 

Thanks for the heads,unfortunately I don’t have Facebook. Maybe I can track him down another way. 
Those 2 pipes are like buried treasure!! The 250/500 hybrids always seemed like it would’ve been a rad bike to have! 
His 500 pipes,did he have different versions for different powerband ranges? 
just one pipe, call matt shearer, he builds the pipes for Q, he can get you in touch with him

Back