1985 Atc250r project

xtracrispy

Reaction score
Decided to try to part with my 250r. Bought it a couple years ago during Covid for a premium, rode it twice and had engine troubles(overheated). Took it partially apart to check the head gasket and it needs an engine rebuild. Sat on it for a while hoping I’d have the time and money to rebuild but I’m not sure when that time will be.

What I know: it’s complete, but apart. Has a newer thrill seekers seat cover, I polished up the tank when I got it (was white and faded), rear fenders were cracked so I cut them. Has a DuraBlue heavy duty axle, new (2 rides) x ring chain and sprockets, forks have new seals and boots, case saver bolt holes are cracked, put an UPP poly case saver on, have rear knobbies and paddles, buffed Mohawk front tire, DG pipe and FMF silencer. IMS shift lever, new clutch lever and cable, Twist throttle installed and thumb throttle included. New boyeson reeds. 
Cylinder has been bored I think 1.5mm over, and ported, no details on that. Should have plenty of meat for another bore.  

Not a show bike, looked pretty good from 15 feet or so. Have some spare parts and gaskets. 

CA title in hand and just paid registration this year. 
$1,600 or offer. may trade for something off road (Atc70?) 

Any questions ask away. 

IMG_1098.jpeg

IMG_1134.jpeg

Pending trade
VERY Happy!!!! Your little guy is gonna be a 3 wheel nut !!!! :atc70:  

once I get the 250r rebuilt and transformed into the proper Honda Blue :smile: - you will have to do a glamis trip and take it for the first dune run! we can switch back and forth with the 450 conversion!!! Will be a great day of 3 wheeling Fun!!!!

These two belong next to each other in the Sand Dunes!

:poule:

450 3wheeler.jpeg

250r 1985 trade.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I never saw this thread until now.

We need to fix the Unread button for the ATC Section...is not working right.

image.png

So yore going to ruin it... :poke:

Honda BLEEDS RED
Wake the eff up Crusty !@Crusty  All the best Hondas are BLUE!!! :lol:  You are begining to sound as stupid as Dfart @dbart lately!!!!

We can't fix stupid!......now get out of the line trying to get a Robby Gordon autograph poster for yore room and go check out the finest Hondas ever made... BLUE ones !!!!

Thats all I have to say about that!

:poule:

atc 70 1973 P43.jpg

atc 70 blue.jpg

atc blue.jpg

atc70-1983-blue-special-7.jpg

atc90 blue.jpg

peak honda 2.jpg

peak honda 3.jpg

peak honda.jpg

Alex Hard Tail Compound.jpg

aplus gary blue.jpg

atc 70 blue.jpg

1973 left glamis.jpg

atc 70 chargers.jpg

atc girl cry.jpg

Even great companies have set their tradition and heritage aside to satisfy the needs of those with chromosome challenges....

Why did they call it the Christmas special?  Because it was....well,.special. 

Honda IS RED.

Apparently @Poule43  :poule:  Bleeds Liberal Blue!

:lmao:

He's trying to impose his "progressive" way of thinking and now wants to change the off road scene!

I could just see that thing with Biden/Harris 24 stickers all over it and a "Newsome is my Butt buddy" sticker on the back!

Please make it Red...that's all I have to say about that!

Oh and Poule, stop eating the blue crayons. you're gonna lose your wanna-be Richard Simmons hairdo.  :hah:

:laugh1:

Ok, but seriously @Poule43 I can't wait to see what you do with this thing!

The owner is going to be STOKED for sure.

:cheers: 

Back