18' length, 102" wide enclosed trailer - where are good deals?

Punchdrunk Monkey

Reaction score
Looks like I found a motorhome to buy and it is in Virginia. Are there any cheap(er) trailer places somewhere between there and San Diego? I looked on Ebay and there is a place in Gorgia that has them for around 8k. Does anyone know of anywhere else to look? @ChEFF @Screamin Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
8k is a great price. A lot of trailer manufactures are out there.   I would line up something and tow it home with the New Coach. 

Looks like I found a motorhome to buy and it is in Virginia. Are there any cheap(er) trailer places somewhere between there and San Diego? I looked on Ebay and there is a place in Gorgia that has them for around 8k. Does anyone know of anywhere else to look? @ChEFF @Screamin Ian
research those companies, while i have been looking for a long time, what i read was stay clear of georgia. just google search the mfg and you will see what's up. i was hell bent on new, and bought used. my buddy bought a 1 year old trailer, 20ft car hauler, supposedly used to haul furniture from florida to texas on a move. inside and out looked perfect, no dents scratches etc. he has had it about 7 months, gave 10k for it, and last month he calls me to rent mine. his had a hanger come off on the axle, was lucky to get it to a shop, so he came and got mine. while in the shop they said all the welds were sht, and 2 of the other 3 were cracked out. this trailer has less than 2k miles on it from what we can figure including his time with it. 800.00 and he's back on the road. 

all the while trying to convince me to sell him my 24' i just bought. he said man you can just tell the difference of quality. and mines a 95 I picked up.

Douglas Georgia is the place - there are at least 10 manufacturers there ... but those trailers are cheap for a reason.  

You can search for enclosed or cargo trailers Douglas Georgia and they all come up and a few brokers too with sometimes better prices than direct 

8K trailer are screwed together .032 side walls 24" on center and 1/2 OSB floors  4" or 5"  .090 C Channel frames  and the "birdcage is usually .045  1x2" rectangular tubing, some are even C channel wall framing, and Chinese 3500Lb axles.  The rear doors are not usually rated over 2000 lbs either.

One of my buddies used to do that X-country trip for his job monthly before the Pandemic and he would bring back a trailer and sell it here and make 1000-1500  but he was getting them for 7000 OTD, not sure those deals are around.. Try Outlaw trailer thats where he got them from. If I remember right the 20' were cheaper than the 18'  maybe its because they make more of them

When you get into the 11K range you get a nicer trailer, its not a Universal or CNC but they won't fall apart in 3-5 years  ...

Trailers are not cheap. Last week I sold a 2016 LooK 20" car hauler for $10K

‘ = foot

” = inches

I’ve got a trailer at my house that is 20’ double axle. My buddy bought it brand new to haul his stuff home from out of state. I believe he wants $9k for it. If your interested I can get more specifics. I’m in Alpine.

There are quite a few facebook groups that sell trailers. you might have to go get it but I have seen some from 6500 to 10k for some good trailers

Back