17” Wheel Options?

Dave04

Reaction score
I currently have a set of 17” OMF bead locked wheels on my car, and am about to step up from 10.80s to 12.50 front tires. I am measuring before I dismount and it looks like my front wheels are like 5” wide, and the STUs recommend a 6.5-7.5 wide wheel. 

Anyone run these tires on a narrower rim like mine? I’m leaning towards giving it a try…

If I’m wanting new wheels, who is still around making 17” wheels for sand cars besides OMF and Douglas? I believe after talking to OMF that my wheels started as Champions before they got the beadlocks on them, so I can’t buy just new fronts…. What rims do you guys like? I liked the Raceline wheels they used to sell, but can’t find them on their site anymore…

Thanks,

-Dave

4CA3DBA8-BF46-41A6-9408-CA62DEB7CC86.jpeg

i have ran them with a 4.5'' also, for the sand the looked stayed the same, no issues for me running the skinny rim, 

I called Raceline and they would not do 17" buggy wheels... So I went with OMF.. Glad I did. They look bad ass

The new omf wheels are bitchin. But I think they are around 1400 a wheel last I checked 

Tatum has 17” wheels too. I emailed raceline and they said they would make me a set. The OMF are nice but $5600 is out of control. 

Bumping this thread back up. What’s out there for 17” buggy wheels. Right now all I know of is Tatum and omf. Any other guys in the game?

Ultra makes a nice 17" wheel for the wide 5 pattern as well.

Back