12v Water Pump upgrade?

wopachop

Reaction score
I have the common shurflo 4008. Looking on amazon whats up with the new RVGUARD brand? Is that amazon trying to takeover the Camco customers? 

It looks like the RV Guard is a clone of others. But i dont like its small mounting bracket. The Seaflo version appears to be more stout where it mounts. 

Anyone have experience with any of these? I think my pressure switch is faulty on my current water pump. I might tinker with that today. Ive read some people are able to take it apart and clean it....or fix it somehow. Im getting some gnarly water hammer. Plan to install an accumulation tank as well. 

I full time inside this thing so looking for higher quality and low noise. The RVGuard motor is advertised as a quiet 5amp where the SeaFlo is 6amp. The actual plastic housing looks to be clones but possible different motors? Im not sure if SeaFlo or ShurFlow is the original and everyone is cloning them? RVGuard is getting good reviews if you believe they are real.

ShurFlo

RVGUARD

SeaFLo

I have had good luck with the Shurflo ag sprayer pumps. 

Thanks quick look it might be the 2088 series. It says "supported for agriculture."

Talks about the materials used for the valves and diaphragm.

I did the shruflo highflo pump a while ago... louder....not that much improvement...I got the fancy shower head the Oxygenics one..it helped with getting the sand out of the wifes hair... 

From the little bits ive read over the years people love that Oxygenics shower head. High pressure low volume. I would love to do something like that for rinsing dishes. It could be done easy using a garden sprayer and set it to "flat". I like that setting for cleaning paint brushes. It has velocity on its side, instead of volume.

Thanks a bunch!! That 42 Series looks nice. You reminded me of something i read years ago saying that most pumps have a PSI adjustment on them.

Found mine its a little 2mm Hex screw. (see picture with allan wrench) I should have done a before and after test. I backed it out until it felt loose like it wanted to fall out. Then turned it back in half a turn. 

Hooked up a water pressure meter and on low it was around 25-30psi and on high it was around 60psi. 

I still need a new pump but for now the lower pressure is awesome. I see what looks to be a small diaphragm. Reminds me of an AC pump on a carb. Has the 3 screws and same shape. Im out of town for a week but when i get back i want to open that up and see if its dirty or broken.

20220926_173710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From the little bits ive read over the years people love that Oxygenics shower head. High pressure low volume. I would love to do something like that for rinsing dishes. It could be done easy using a garden sprayer and set it to "flat". I like that setting for cleaning paint brushes. It has velocity on its side, instead of volume.
Siroflex New Style Deluxe Double Swivel Sprayer,Chrome & White,One Size

I have this, and it works great for the trailer kitchen faucet.

31p4CQbHTYL._AC_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m sure Jason is correct when we go to the dunes  he says he going to Take a shower shows up 1 1/2 hrs later who knows what he is doing but seems to enjoy it 🖐 🤣 

I’m sure Jason is correct when we go to the dunes  he says he going to Take a shower shows up 1 1/2 hrs later who knows what he is doing but seems to enjoy it 🖐 🤣 
you are always invited, the old pump was so loud it was disturbing my concertation,  But it is nice, having 160 gallons of water,  

Back