08 DMAX Engine code/message

ANGRYBUTTCRACK

Reaction score
So I had a check engine light on my truck for a couple of days.

today as I was driving it said on the dash, ‘ Engine power reduced.’ 

i’ve never seen that message before. here is the code that I read and erased.

I do a lot of local driving and sometimes I get a message or code in which I need to get on the freeway to clear the DPF but this is different than that.

any ideas?

Thanks 

abc

PS. I’m going to try to punch it a little and see if it feels like the engine power is actually reduced. Weird to get the message on the odometer reading Dash deal.

42D5EA03-7D01-4F64-8D50-CB8C82AA4BC4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mass Air Flow Sensor...  I had that code on my 2004 not too long ago.  I was told to try and cleaning the sensor.  Mine ended up just needing the air filter changed.

Aftermarket filters have a tendency of clogging the MAF. I'm pretty sure that was the same code I'd get on my LLY before I went back to the factory airbox. 

Yeah, mine is a factory air box/filter and I think I just changed it on the last oil change. I just killed the code and we'll see if it comes back up. I'll pull my folder and see if I did in fact change the air filter.

Stomped on it and don't notice and reduction in power. The message is cleared so I'll just keep watch on it.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

ABC

If you clear the code than the reduction in power is cleared also. If the problem will come back, it will happen within 60 miles. That is a Mass Air Flow sensor code. Might be able to clean the sensor or just buy a new one and change it. Super simple. As stated above, make sure your filter is clean and nothing obstructing the air flow.

Thanks,.. need to take it in anyhow.. My circle prong 5th wheel cord is no longer sending trailer brake instructions.. just lights, etc. So I only have braking with the truck. No biggie as I am just driving the RZRs back n' forth local for repair/prep for the season. I'm way over trucked for my little 5th wheel, but for safety, I need them working. I tow an 2008 WW SL2805 which is probably under 9k with a 2 seat RZR in it. Pretty small for a 3500 IMO, but I love having the bigger truck,... Dually.. etc.

Will get the sensor changed out as well.

Thanks,

abc

CARPET 1.jpeg

The trailer brake signal comes from your controller.  How is it integrated into your truck? 

The center plug isn’t transmitting the brakes. .. issue with the truck sending unit (plug) at the bumper.

abc

Have you checked the fuse for your trailer brake accessory? Sorry if that is a dumb question.

MAF sensor is an easy fix. I replaced it on my 04.5 LLY

2 bolts and a plug I think.

Back