08 Cummins ISL 425 DPF help

r3meyer

Reaction score
So I made a deal on a "Tractor" that we really like.  The one and only down side is it has the first year of the EPA EGR AND DPF filter installed.  When I bought my last "Tractor" , an 08 some stuff was not needed so it was removed right off the bat and never had one problem.

The problem is see here is the EPA spent time going after tons of people that were eliminating these.  "Tractor" has 65k miles on it so I would like to make it work like my current 03 ISL that does not have those issues.  Can anyone help?  I would hate to have my "Tractor" way out in the field and have an EGR issue that makes me stop using my "Tractor" and having to get it towed.  Feel free to PM if you have a solution.

I can appreciate your situation, unfortunately I can be of little assistance as I’m in mourning over losing all my guns in a fishing accident.

my 'friend' said that registering your 'tractor' in montana would help with some of those problems.  my 'friend' also said if any KA commi's hassle you about your 'tractor' being in KA with MT plates; he can get you a bill of lading stating that it was trailered into KA.

On a sidenote my friends in Laguna beach (all in a different tax bracket than I am) register their ferraris (Laferrari, etc. multi million dollar cars) in MT and ship them to KA when they want to use them and then ship them home. KA can't say anything if you have a bill of lading.....  Apparently there are storage units there where rich folk store millions $$$ of dollars of cars.......There are also places in Monterey where 'they' garage their cars while at the Concours de Elegance......    FML I picked the wrong career.......

FWIW; I would never condone deleting a smogged vehicle to circumvent the laws.......on a sidenote there are counties in CA that do not require smog.  yes I have a house there..........

if you are worried i would buy a laptop with cummins insite and jpro installed. it will tell you the code and the diagnostic procedure also you will be able to force a regen. some codes cannot be cleared until you go in with the laptop and tell the computer that you replaced the component and it wont regen if there is a code.   we have a few trucks with the isl don't have many problems but we do have to force a regen from time to time the trucks idle alot and normally don't run long enough going from job to job to complete a regen. there are people that can delete it if you want but i probably would not unless it was becoming a real problem. the fines are crazy i have a guy here that sells laptops wit all the programs installed last one i got was 4k the software is pirated they come with just about every factory program    edid to say the earlier ones did not have urea so there is less to go wrong but the burn more fuel because of more frequent regen cycles also the early ones were a lot simpler systems

Last edited by a moderator:
Back