Rugged radio

Okie

Reaction score
Looking for a direct replacement radio. I know nothing about these and had never used one previously. I was told it is obsolete and that I probably ruined it by keying the mic without the antenna attached.

IMG_20240303_164432.jpg

IMG_20240303_164524.jpg

Take it to PCI and see if they can fix it. That's a Vertex radio...might be worth it, might not, but PCI is the better option. The older radios were the better quality ones...over the chineesium stuff. Pci probably sells a radio that size.

PCI programed my Vertex 3200 years ago, still the strongest radio in the group. 

Thanks. A fellow duner said they had sent one in for repairs a while back, and nobody would even mess with it. There are a few on Market Place in my area, but they are asking $500.00 to $550.00. 

Thanks. A fellow duner said they had sent one in for repairs a while back, and nobody would even mess with it. There are a few on Market Place in my area, but they are asking $500.00 to $550.00. 
PCI wouldn't look at it? 

Google Vertex... you can look at the model I think it's a 2000 serires something. should be a plate on the bottom saying what it is. 

s-l500.jpg

I don't know if he contacted PCI. I will definitely look into it.

I have one that I pulled from my buggy, works well.  Had been in the car for 8 years.  Will sell for $250.00.

If you will ship it, I will contact you later today to make arrangements.

Back