Deckboat... what to buy??

URCLEVER

Reaction score
After this summer, made me realize it may be time to sell the wakeboard boat and get a nice deckboat. Yup old age is settling in.

Used market is flooded with Magics and others. I was almost thinking of ordering  a new boat. Eliminator is a nice boat , conquest looks nice. Feel free to enlighten me. ..

Eliminator 28’ Fundeck is my next boat personally I think it’s the nicest deck out there. I currently have a 26’ Cheetah Wild Cat. 

Not a boat for the cool guy looks - but I sure like my Hurricane 228. It's like a floating patio - very functional. More of a boat for the lower river...I like being able to stand up comfortably while driving, plenty of room to walk around when 6 people, etc.

That said - I've always like the Ultra Shadow Decks...if / when I ever want more of a jetboat - it would be on my list.

Guess it all depends on budget and what style/look you like. I personally don't like the tall freeboard boats that are made today.
Here are a few I do like;

Shockwave
f1c126ed43c74f81b019d6f9bac6cc30_large.jpg

Ultra
15129544-2004-ultra-deck-boat-std.jpg

Warlock
2006-warlock-diablo-28-deck-boat-power-9417202-964802495-0-210620240255-1.jpg

Hallett
875x400_fit_la15_hallett_285-jpg.1237530

and of course the JET BOAT life in me says TPR all day
img_4273-jpg.871712

img_4421-jpg.871714

img_9037-jpg.1002921

I'll be that guy...

Why not a toon?  We love ours.  Open floor plans, shade, less maintenance less worry not having a fiberglass hull to run up on the beach.  If you just have to be a baller...get a twin engine toon.   

With that said...if you just want a deck boat, it's hard to beat an Elimination fundeck or Conquest.

I'll be that guy...

Why not a toon?  We love ours.  Open floor plans, shade, less maintenance less worry not having a fiberglass hull to run up on the beach.  If you just have to be a baller...get a twin engine toon.   

With that said...if you just want a deck boat, it's hard to beat an Elimination fundeck or Conquest.
I love mine too. But...

It's a whole different animal than I nice deck boat. Magic seems to be the most popular choice. 

I love mine too. But...

It's a whole different animal than I nice deck boat. Magic seems to be the most popular choice. 
While I love the looks and the sound of the Magics...take a look at the hull.  They are very thin.  I looked at one next to an Eliminator, night and day difference.  The Magic felt like paper and the Eliminator was rock solid.  

Can’t go wrong with a Howard, eliminator or Nordic deck boat. The conquest is a water shovel. Ive seen 2 sink in rough water. If I’m building new I’d probably go with Cobra. Think of boat drives like buggy transmissions. Anything with a blower on it you want an Scx drive. 

My brother-in-law has a Magic Deck boat and it is super nice.  He got one of the few new hauls with the auto bimini top that Magic made before they went belly up in 2009.  

Conquest is a nice too.  

While I love the looks and the sound of the Magics...take a look at the hull.  They are very thin.  I looked at one next to an Eliminator, night and day difference.  The Magic felt like paper and the Eliminator was rock solid.  
The look is probably why they are the most popular. 👍🏼

Back