At what age would you put a helmet on

Waldo

Reaction score
I would like to hear your thoughts on when do you think it is safe to put a helmet on a small child in my case it would be my grandson. He is so excited to go for a ride in our sand car  but I want to make it as safe as I can. So I  bought a really small full face helmet so he doesn’t have to wear goggles but I’m a little concerned about his neck let me know what you think is best thanks 

X2 on the bicycle helmet and when he is old enough for a real helmet he probably will want to ride the quads 

Have him wear the helmet around the house, 1-2 hours a day. It will get his neck muscles in shape to wear it in the car or on a bike. He should be in much better shape within 2-3 weeks.

I had my son last year (3years old) in my rail in his car seat with a neck collar to support his head. This year I'm running the same program, but recently bought a full face bmx helmet so I can run intercoms in it. The headsets don't quite fit him well in a car seat with the neck collar. We tried it once and it was nice to be able to chat with him and make sure he's ok.

I had my son last year (3years old) in my rail in his car seat with a neck collar to support his head. This year I'm running the same program, but recently bought a full face bmx helmet so I can run intercoms in it. The headsets don't quite fit him well in a car seat with the neck collar. We tried it once and it was nice to be able to chat with him and make sure he's ok.
Send a link for the neck brace please. 

Send a link for the neck brace please. 
Thought I replied earlier, guess I didn't. I just use the small crow neck collar. Not something I would recommend to others, but it has worked for me. 

So, on the other end of this scale, I would say start your helmet wearing again in your early to mid 60's. Head bangs hurt! 

I would like to hear your thoughts on when do you think it is safe to put a helmet on a small child in my case it would be my grandson. He is so excited to go for a ride in our sand car  but I want to make it as safe as I can. So I  bought a really small full face helmet so he doesn’t have to wear goggles but I’m a little concerned about his neck let me know what you think is best thanks 
I did not do a Moto Helmet until my Daughter was 10, when she was below 10 I used a bicycle helmet, they are super light,     

Back